Various species of full-grown crested gecko are popular today among pets. However, anyone who wishes to buy such a reptile should know a lot of information about care, maintenance, development, and size. If you take good care of such a pet, it will grow well. I can comfort you that it does not require too much maintenance. Even when it comes to food, you haven’t any problems. So, how fast do crested geckos grow? If you are interested, let’s find out.
How Long Do Crested Geckos Take To Grow?
Many people today are looking for some extraordinary and interesting animals in the role of a pet. Crested lizards occupy a popular niche among pets today. Ironically, children love and watch them. They are small, interesting, and don’t cause much trouble when caring. As far as I am convinced from my own experience, lizards grow quite slowly and remain small. Gender also affects their size. I created a crested gecko age-size chart for owners interested in their lizards’ development and scope.
|Baby (0-4)||3-4”||2-5 grams|
|Adult (14-19)||8”||30-35 grams|
What Is Crested Gecko Size by Age
Before buying a gecko, most people ask a lot of questions. Of course, a beginner can interest in everything from size, gender, what determines growth, what the right weight is, and so on. Let’s understand the main issues of height and weight.
Our article: List of insects that crested geckos can eat.
- One of the first things that certainly interested me, how long do crested geckos live? Of course, when it comes to age, you can enjoy reptiles even for more than 20 years. However, it all depends on proper care and attention. Some owners observed an average life expectancy of 10-15 years.
- Very often, owners want their baby crested geckos to grow fast. A variety of foods affect their height and weight. Of course, they will quickly gain weight from baby food, various worms, and crickets. However, think about their health to prevent the development of MBD. So, follow a proper diet containing nutrients.
- Crested gecko weight and length change with age. Therefore, adults can weigh from 30 grams and above. Newborns weigh only 2 to 5 grams. Throughout their lives, they can gain weight or stay the same for 14 months. At the beginning of life, lizards are only 3-4 inches long. And already in the process of growth reach a maximum of 8 inches in adulthood. The female is also slightly smaller than the male.
According to reviews on the Reddit website, most owners of these reptile pets claim that they are growing slowly initially. However, it depends on the food. Every crested gecko (also leopard gecko) varies in weight. Reptile grows faster thanks to more high-calorie foods, correct light, temperature, humidity, etc.
How to Weigh a Crested Gecko?
Why Is My Crested Gecko Not Growing?
Think about a few factors that can affect the adult crested gecko weight or growth of your pet. It may be:
- Malnutrition. Please pay attention to your pet’s appetite and possibly change its diet.
- Too much moisture or cold can adversely affect its growth and development.
- Little or a lot of light.
- Large or small terrarium.
- Vermin, etc.
How to Tell If a Gecko Is a Boy or Girl?
Have you decided to buy a gecko, or have you already done so? Then review all the necessary care information. After all, many factors and different conditions affect its development. How to tell how old a crested gecko is? You can look at its skin color. The older lizard has a dull color. Each individual has its characteristics, but still, the size and weight will help determine the age.